Thursday, September 1, 2011

How Past affects the Future

This is a little bit in continuation with my previous post. I have my oddities and you have your oddities. We are all different characters. If in an experiment we were put inside and exactly similar situation we will definitely react differently. Why is that so? Why are you and why am I different?

Now i remember a movie dialog from some obscure movie I saw in the good old days of Doordarshan: "मैं पेट से चोर पैदा नहीं हुआ था. "(I was not born a thief). The thief tells us what I want to reiterate today-' Its our past which frames our present, our future is shaped by our past and the present'. This may not look like a huge conclusion to you, but think about it in little detail as follows. Look at your present- Why are u sitting/lying at the location you are, why are you in front of this particular computer reading at this particular blog. For example if you are in Mumbai (what were the events that led you to Mumbai? What were the events that lead you to those events?), Why are you in front of computer? Why do you have a computer? Why did you search for this blog? Why did you end up on this one?

If we create a backwards issue tree in detail we will reach to one particular conclusion all of us: " This moment is the sum total of results of all (Yes ALL) events of the past". This implies that your present circumstance is nothing but a consequence of our actions in the past.

What about the future? The future as a corollary will be a sum of all events in the past and all events from present to the future. We can react positively, negatively or lethargically to the present circumstance. The circumstance arising from past events in our life.

(How does an event result: You have a circumstance, you react to it and the result is an event. For example I had free time, I wrote and I have this blog- an event. An event may just not be a circumstance * reaction- The event may also be affected by external events- other people's actions or climate etc.)

Even though the circumstance is not in our control anymore we have the option of reacting to it in a way we like (I have a theory on why we react the way we react) and trying to come up with an event which will better our future.

We are like people and our destiny is a ship. The direction the ship takes is based on our reactions to present circumstance. We can only try to control the direction though the direction may depend on host of factors. The whole thought is as shown in the diagram below:


The figure below shows how we navigate our lives:

So the conclusion is that the time of action is NOW and NOW only. There is no other time. Being Inactive now affects your future. 

The above is my line of thought. I would like to know what you would think of it? Please comment.

My next blog will be on why we react in a certain way to any circumstance. 







My Profile http://www.blogger.com/profile/01963566572793351742

No comments: